The 3D Modelling projects were relatively new, yet mindblowing within the capacity of comprehension. The idea of creating a 3D model and having it printed was just as exciting as it sounds and the topic of designing a toy made it even more playful.
Unfortunately, the start of 2nd semester was still a relatively tough one personally, as it required from me a number of shifts between places, on top of which financial struggles took the largest toll. Furthermore, accustoming myself to the university realms was a struggle on its own. Thus impacted my first assignment, which I had to deliver a few days after deadline. The rest went relatively smoothly, though, I lacked in terms of executing a proper process, relevant to the project I was creating.
As usual, I tried taking a more ambitious approach, as I believed the creation of a more intriguing, perhaps even demanding toy might benefit grade-wise (which eventually didn't). Yet, the idea was: create a compact chessboard box, which could be disassembled into a normal chessboard and assembled again, with enough space inside for all the chess pieces, to fit the box.
Easy-Peasy right? Not quite. Especially designing the Knight required a significant amount of time and - take note! Each chesspiece was, in a way, a toy itself, just a miniature one. So, instead, I took the longer route, which was seldom well reviewed. Regretably, the chesspieces lacked in terms of quality in some lengths, yet, they still met my personal expectations.
I did not print out the rest of the pieces, nevertheless, once I get back to Sydney, I plan on executing the entire project at its fullest, as the only part that was printed was a complete set of chess pieces for one player. Nevertheless, the right files exist, therefore, once the time allows...!
Last but not least, I took another look through one of the pdf's, appalled upon discovery that the quality of use of my English plummeted to a point, personally embarrasing. On one hand I may say that there is no excuse. On the other, I believe that was the semester in which I received financial aid from my faculty due to hardship. As I mentioned, there are two sides of a coin. Same goes for living in an assumed paradise.