I was given these projects once after I arrived in Australia. Michał approached me and asked if I could design a poster and a leaflet. Considering that I had a gigantic amount of free time, I decided to take upon the offer, although, the timeframe was relatively scarce as I was given around 3 days for the proper creation of the leaflet, as that was the priority at the time.
Well, the thing was that back then, I didn't really have much of anything at all. I enjoyed my remaining time in Poland after having done Matura (HSC), which took around 3 months and then, in fact, I had extra, possibly 3 months in Sydney as the semesters didn't kickoff until February. I did make a mistake, though, as I could have had researched back at the time and tried matching in for the second semester at a university. Unfortunately, studying for my finals took most of my time and I didn't really bother conducting heavy research, which does make somewhat sense. On the other hand, the delay hampered my upcoming months to a very expensive and quite massive degree.
That said, I really did not have much of a thing, futurewise. My HSC results were fairly mediocre and even my english language skills lacked proper refinement in the very case of communicating with other people. Therefore: limited prospects for employment, limited prospects for education. I felt as if it was a dead end. Especially that I lived at my father's place, an hour from Sydney's city center and my situation matched my father's in some ends.
I did enjoy doing some graphic design in my free time. In high school I used photoshop, google map saver and galaxy note 3 for the environmental redevelopment vision, which I continued carrying out on a new piece of hardware - Surface Pro 3. Even before, I tried doing some less or more attractive editing in photoshop, so my experience with these tools was fairly limited. Nevertheless, once I learned of the opportunity, I disclosed my up-to-date experience and once I learned that I could give it a try I proceeded with the creation, while keeping in constant touch with Michał.
I was delivered some templates that his political party uses, based on which I created a modern and clean leaflet. The primary idea as behind any poster ever created was fairly simple: attract the peoples' attention, especially that it was made for the purpose of becoming elected to the local council (government). Nevertheless, a leaflet is a notch more complicated thing as it requires an immense amount of lexicological skills in regards to expressing your point within the boundaries of (design-wise) good taste. However, the information rather relied on Michał, yet defining the style laid on my end.
The front was designed so that it included only and solemnly the crucial elements, that are: Name, political affiliation, candidate's appearance, number on the election list, where he's candidating to, potentially his facebook profile and, required by law, how it was sponsored.
On the back, an overview of who Michał is, what he does, his hobbies and political experience. The priorities of what he plans on doing as a council member and other candidates that he supports. This part was designed so that it went in threes in case of both: the main sections and the content that belongs. Potentially, the name on the top feels a little squeezed, so that is one element that I would have had potentially fixed if I had the chance.
Unfortunately, despite all my research and best intentions, I did make a mistake in regards to the colorscheme, which I fixed in regards to the poster. Considering the scale of the leaflets, I was told that the deterioration was not that dramatic, nevertheless I should have foreseen it in time.
The front of the leaflet appealed to Michał to such a degree, that he asked me to just refine the part and make it an A4 poster. Therefore, the changes are quite superficial and relied mostly on improving the quality of Michał's appearance. I did try experimenting a little bit, although eventually we withstood by the current design and I made sure that the colors would appear just as they were meant to.
The entire project relied on Adobe Photoshop CC and Surface Pro 3. At the time, it was a fairly new, yet extremely intuitive way of working on a graphic design project as it sped up the process significantly, considering I did not have an access to a regular PC.
Additionally, at a later stage I also designed a facebook cover picture. I designed it in a manner that it combined a hand-(digitally)painted layout and a modern touch, related to the style employed by, at the time, the presidential candidate Andrzej Duda.
I tried a few other related works, but they never went too far, which included: another poster, another facebook cover picture and an apparel logo. Unfortunately, last year I was kept immensely busy, which impinged on any additional potential works that I could have carried.